BEYOND THE STAMP: Your Responsibilities As a Notary in OHIO
Join us for this afternoon workshop presented by Ohio Society of Notaries
The seminar includes: -
- Overview of the history, tradition and duties of the office of Notary Public
- Types of notarizations and the specifics of each
- The essential elements for any Ohio notarization
- The Notary Certificate: Your sole domain, Your sole responsibility
- It's YOUR commission! Staying out of trouble, and when you need to say "No"
- The importance of notary training for employers
- Complex and unusual signing situations; apostilles, vehicle titles, copy certifications, powers of attorney, advanced directives, oaths/affirmations, journals, Errors & Omissions insurance -
- Examples of improper documents to watch for and MUCH more!
- Workshop Location: Southeast Regional Library System 252 W 13th Street Wellston, Ohio 45692
Cost: $60 per person (workbook is provided)- Checks must be made out to Ohio Society of Notaries and turned in the day of the workshop.
Our Presenter will be Mr. Roger Rill, President, Ohio Society of Notaries
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 -
13:00 to 16:00