YOUR Name on the Cover of the Book
Have you ever been to an
author event and watched writers talking about recent publications, answering
questions from fans, and signing copies of their latest book and thought "that should be me!"
Before you give up your
day job, check out this webinar for one librarian's personal experiences in
finding a publisher, pros/cons of collaboration, working with an editor,
meeting deadlines, marketing/promoting YOUR book, and more.
published her fifth book, Kathy Barco will lead this informative program and
teach you about:
- Picking a publisher (or having the publisher pick
- Living through the fun and frustration of working with
- Texting, emailing, and messaging as opposed to
- Being your book's best advocate;
- AND . . . the tantalizing topics of advances (not!) and
royalties (don't quit your day job!)
Attention will be paid
to collaborating with multiple contributors, with tips on soliciting
submissions; wrangling a crowd of would-be authors; editing and more editing;
and finally ending up with a finished book without losing your cool.
SERLS Member Libraries: $0.00
All Other Libraries: $15.00